Studying in UK for free is actually a dream come true. But unfortunately, quality education comes with value. It does not come for free. However, you can apply for scholarships to decrease your financial burden. Study Abroad Scholarships for colleges are a boon to international students willing to Study in UK. Although there are no Tuition Free Universities in UK, there are many private and government scholarships for international students in UK. If you want to apply for a scholarship, here is the list of scholarships (fully funded) to study in UK.
1. British Chevening Scholarships for International Students
British Chevening Scholarships are commonwealth scholarships and are funded by the FCO (Foreign and Commonwealth Office). It is a significant scholarship just for the number of awards to offer. Chevening Scholarships are granted to more than 1500 students from 140 countries.
- College / University: Any University in the UK
- Courses Eligible: Full-time Taught Master’s Degree in any subject
- Scholarships Include Course Tuition Fees, Monthly living expenses, Economy Class return airfare to the UK, additional grants, and allowances.
- Scholarship Application Deadline: 6 November, every year.
- Must be a citizen of Chevening Country, the list of 162 countries around the world.
- Return to home country for minimum 2 years after the scholarship has ended.
- Two years of work experience.
- An Acceptance letter from the Universities in UK.
- English Language Proficiency Proof.
2. Gates Cambridge Scholarships for International Students
Gates is another one of the most prestigious Scholarships in UK. It is awarded to academically strong students who are promising and are citizens from the country outside of the UK.
- College / University: University of Cambridge, UK
- Courses Eligible: Ph.D., MLitt or MSc, or any one-year postgraduate course
- Scholarships Include the Full cost of studying at Cambridge, travel costs, maintenance allowances, family allowance, fieldwork, etc.
- Scholarship Application Deadline: 10 October for USA students and 05 December for others, annually.
- Citizen of a country outside of the United Kingdom
- Applying for Ph.D., MLitt, MSc, or any full-time one-year postgraduate program
3. Clarendon Fund Scholarships at the University of Oxford
Not as big as Chevening Scholarships, but Clarendon is another prestigious Scholarship when it comes to a number of awards. Every year, more than 140 scholarships are granted to students from all around the world, who have strong academic backgrounds and show potential.
- College / University: University of Oxford, UK
- Courses Eligible: Any full-time Graduate and Master’s Programs excluding PG Diploma and Certificate Courses.
- Scholarships Include All the tuition and college fees, £14,777 annually for living costs for the duration of the course.
- Eligibility Criteria: Outstanding Academic Background and Potential as a graduate student.
- Scholarship Application Deadline: 25 January, annually.
4. Warwick Chancellor’s International Scholarships
Warwick Chancellor’s is allocated via a postgraduate research competition. It is available to all international students accepted for any discipline for Ph.D.
- College / University: University of Warwick, UK
- Courses Eligible: Ph.D. in any discipline at the University of Warwick
- Scholarships Include: Full payment of Tuition fees up to £22,860 and A maintenance stipend of £15,044 For 3.5 years
- Scholarship Application Deadline: 18 January, annually.
- Must be accepted in a Ph.D. discipline offered at the University of Warwick.
- Students already in the first year of their Ph.D. at Warwick can also apply.
- No specific country requirements, the student must be from outside of the UK.
5. Westminster International Scholarships
Available to the students who are from developing countries, anyone can apply for Westminster International Scholarships, given that they are accepted for a full-time Master’s program at Westminster.
- College / University: University of Westminster, UK
- Courses Eligible: Full-time Master’s Program at Westminster University, except MBA.
- Scholarships Include Tuition Fees, Accommodation, Living allowances, and flight fares to and from London.
- Scholarship Application Deadline: The Scholarship Application Deadline for Westminster International Scholarships is 13 October, annually.
- Must be from the developing country listed in the eligibility criteria on the scholarship website
- Holds an offer to study a full-time master’s program at the University of Westminster.
Now that you are aware of all these scholarships to study in UK, here is a quick look at how it is to study in UK for International students:
Study in UK for International Students:
The UK has long been a preferred study abroad destination for students who are looking forward to their higher education in an English-speaking country. The quality of the education provided by the educational institutes in the UK speaks for itself with universities like Oxford, Cambridge, Imperial, and UCL.
Education System in UK
Most Employable Courses in UK for International Students
Study in UK: Top 10 Universities in UK