There are mainly two Intakes in the Netherlands every student should know about before starting the application process:
Winter intake starts in February, and that is also called February intake. This is the secondary intake. Students who have missed the chance in September intake can apply for Winter intake and enrol themselves without wasting a whole year. The important thing to note here is that not all universities offer all their programs during the winter intake.
Autumn intake starts in September, and that is why it is also called September intake. Like many countries, the September intake is the primary intake in the Nethelands. All the Universities offer all their courses and programs for the September intake in Netherlands.
6 Steps to Study in September Intake in Netherlands 2022
Step 1: Start Now!
- The first thing to do is to start looking for programs in Netherlands. Once you have decided what to study, the question now comes to where. Choose from any top universities in Netherlands. The University and course should suit not only your academics and future goals, but also affordability. If you decide on one University, look for the fees and all the application requirements before applying.
- It is important to be aware of the application deadlines for the September intake in Netherlands. The application should always be submitted before the deadline.
Step 2 - Appear for the Exams: April 2022 to June 2022
- Another requirement for admission to Dutch Universities will be the entrance exams and Language proficiency tests. Normally GRE and GMAT are considered as competitive entrance exams, and there will be specific minimum marks required to be accepted in the particular University. Then comes the language tests. For English taught courses, tests like IELTS and TOEFL are taken. For Dutch courses, the most popular language tests are CNaVT and NT2.
- Keep in mind the time taken for the results to be declared and plan accordingly. In addition, in case of undesirable result, you will need to reappear for the test and it might take longer than anticipated.
Step 3 - Start Applying to Colleges: May 2022 to June 2022
- You will require some documents along with your application to support your application and make it stronger. Some colleges require application essays or SOP. For references, LORs are needed too. The idea is to understand how serious you are about further studies and how perfectly you will fit in the University if selected.
- Start writing SOP, statement of purpose, a month before the application deadline. Contact your supervisors and professors to write letters of recommendation (LOR) for you.
- Once everything is in place, prepare the application and submit it. Apply before the due date.
Step 4 - Acceptance Letters and Interviews: June 2022 to July 2022
- Once a decision is taken on your application, you will get an email from the University. You are needed to revert them with your decision to confirm the allotment. If you have made a decision and willing to attend the course, you should not wait to reply till the deadlines. Reply to the University as soon as you can.
- In some cases, you are asked to pay the confirmation fees to study in Universities in the Netherlands. The fees are needed to be paid before a fixed deadline, too. Therefore, pay the fees before the time runs out on the deadline for the payment.
Step 5 -Netherlands Visa Application/Education Loan: July 2022 to September 2022
- Once you are accepted, you will receive an acceptance letter from the respective University. As soon as you receive the acceptance letter, start the Netherlands Visa Application process. This may take time, so keep that in mind. Start at least 3 months before the departure.
- After that, you will receive an acceptance letter from the university you have been accepted into. As soon as you receive the letter, you should start the process for a student Visa in Netherlands. The University you have applied to can also apply for your study permit in Netherlands. The minimum time to process the visa is one month. But you should plan to apply for the student visa 3 months before the departure.
- During this time, you should also look to arrange the finances that you would need to Study in Netherlands. Apply for a Students loan to study in Netherlands. If you are applying for any study abroad scholarships, now is the time to go for them.
Step 6 -Tickets and Departure: September 2022
- You are almost ready to fly. The semester will start in September. It is advisable to fly down to Netherlands a month before the start of the program. Also, arrange for the accommodation before arriving.
- Gather all the necessary documents before you are ready for the flight. You will need an international credit or debit card. To make sure you are not missing anything, make a pre-departure checklist and follow it.
Universities in Netherlands for September Intake (For Bachelors and Masters)
|Amsterdam UAS (HvA)
||Radboud University Nijmegen
|Amsterdam University College
|Eindhoven University of Technology
||University College Utrecht
||University of Amsterdam
||University of Groningen
|HU UAS Utrecht
||Duisenberg school of finance
6 Steps to Study in February Intake in Netherlands 2023
Step 1 : Start Now!
- Most Universities in Netherlands for international students have a first come first basis admission process. For February intake in Netherlands, you should start as early as possible. Keep in mind the deadlines that change from university to university, as there is not a fixed deadline for every college or University in Netherlands.
- Before that, Shortlist the Universities you want to apply to. Choose the courses that suit you the most as per your career goals, academic goals, and field of study. Check the University website for the application forms and requirements.
Step 2 - Appear for the Exams: September 2022 to October 2022
- Check the Netherlands University English Language Requirements. On the University website, you will find the admission requirements and tests that you need to take.
- For competitive exams like GMAT and GRE, you have to book the test a lot earlier than for English Language Proficiency tests like IELTS and TOEFL.
- In any case, it is important to appear for exams three months before, as you might require to take the test again.
Step 3 - Start Applying to Colleges: October 2022 to November 2022
- Look for universities in Netherlands with February intake, shortlist and decide the college or the university before the deadline. Start preparing for your final application. The application must contain your uniqueness as a candidate and show you in a good light.
- Contact your immediate supervisors and professors for the reference letters. Start constructing your SOP (Statement of Purpose). The documentation process should start a month from the application deadline.
- Submit the application before the due date.
Step 4 - Acceptance Letters and Interviews: November 2022 to December 2022
- Colleges will revert you to your application status after a while. You should not delay replying to that email. Some Netherlands colleges and Universities might ask for a video interview, so be prepared for that, too.
- Make a quick decision once you get a confirmation from the University. Mail the college or university as soon as you make the decision. As said earlier, it might come to first come first serve, so do not wait to reply until the deadlines.
- Once enrolled, you will be asked to pay the non-refundable confirmation fees.
Step 5 - Apply for Visa/Education Loan: December 2022 to January 2023
- Some processes will take time, and that should always be considered before planning. Apply for a Study loan for abroad studies as soon as you get confirmation from the university.
- The processing for student visa Netherlands will also take time. Document all the paperwork. Once you have all the necessary documents, the visa process in not as complex as it may seem.
- See if you are eligible for any Study abroad scholarships to study in Netherlands. You should also apply for them as soon as you get the acceptance letter.
Step 6 - Tickets and Departure: January 2023 to February 2023
- You have done all the hard work and now it is time to fly. Most courses will start in early February, so it is advisable to arrive in Netherlands a month before and look for accommodation on or off-campus.
- Gather all your necessary documents and their photocopies before flying.
- You need to arrange for an international credit/debit card before departure. Make a pre-departure checklist and make sure you check every box on it.
Universities in Netherlands for February Intake (for Bachelors)
- Hotelschool the Hague
- Saxion UAS
Universities in Netherlands for February Intake (for Masters)
||University of Groningen
|Delft University of Technology
||University of Twente
|Hotelschool the Hague
||VU University Amsterdam
|HU UAS Utrecht
|Radboud University Nijmegen
|Rotterdam Business School
||Maastricht School of Management
|The Hague UAS